Sunday, January 22, 2012

You're 'Stache-tastic!

Happy Monday!  It's my Design Team day over at Pink By Design, and I have a fun card to share with you today that I made using one of Pink By Design's newest stamp sets.  


This silly little guy came from the Lettering Delights Funny Faces SVG Set.  Isn't he fun?  I got the speech bubble from the 3 Thought Bubbles set in the Silhouette Online Store.  I stamped my fun sentiment and a mustache from the new Pink By Design Mustaches Stamp Set right in the speech bubble (which is a great way to add a sentiment to your card). I used the cute little mustaches from the the same set to create the background.  Here's how I did it:


First, I cut my kraft cardstock to 7' x 10", and folded it in half to create a 5" x 7" card base. Then, I gathered my stamps and my VersaMark Watermark Stamp Pad.


Then, I randomly stamped the middle-sized mustache all over the card, making sure that some of the mustaches ran off of the card base so it would look more like a background.


Here's what it looked like all stamped...I just love how the watermark ink looks on kraft cardstock.


Finally, I went back and randomly stamped the smaller mustache in some of the "white space" left on the card.  I love having the different sizes of mustaches to work with.

To finish off my card, I embossed the lenses of the glasses with my Candycane Stripe Cuttlebug embossing folder, inked all of my pieces, and added a little strip of patterned paper and ribbon.  All in all, this card came together pretty quickly!

Well, I hope you like my project for today.  Don't forget that Pink By Design is having a Design Team Call right now.  The deadline is quickly approaching...you have until January 25th to apply, so I hope you'll give it a try!  Visit this POST to find out all of the details.  We can't wait to see what you've got. :)

Thanks for stopping by...I'd love to read your comments!  Have a great day!




6 comments:

  1. What a great card Lisa. I love it. Thanks for sharing your card.
    Melisa Alzammar
    http://melisascraftycreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. what an awesome card! love the saying and isn't back ground stamping fun!!! i applied to the Dt here.. fingers crossed :) parkernana4@aol.com
    http://mybugandmecreate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love the card


    rosiemini@gmail.com
    www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the versamark stamping!! LOVE LOVE the card Lisa! great job
    Hugs,
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, what a GREAT and FUN card Lisa!! I love it:)
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL!!! WOW!!! Love it!!! Awesome Job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D