Sunday, February 19, 2012

Shiver Me Timbers

Happy Monday, everyone!!!  It's my Design Team day over at Pink By Design, and I have a layout to share with you today.  I'm SO far behind in my scrapbooking.  We traveled to Walt Disney World back in 2008, and I'm still working on the scrapbook for that vacation.  It doesn't seem like I'll EVER catch up!  Anyway, outside of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, we saw an actor that looked SO MUCH like the real Captain Jack Sparrow that I just had to make a couple of pages about him.  Here's my double-page layout:


Doesn't he look JUST like Johnny Depp???  It's amazing!


I created the title of this layout using a font I have on my computer.  In order to get the shadow layer around it, I used the offset function in my Silhouette Studio.  The three pirate shapes at the bottom of this page came from this 4 Pirate Cupcake Toppers set that I found in the Silhouette Online Store.


I got this fun sentiment from Pink by Design's Pirate's Life Stamp Set.  Adding sentiments like this to layouts just adds a little something extra...I like it!


The Pirate Ship on this page also came from the Silhouette Online Store.  


I added a circle behind the ship that I stamped (very subtly) with Pink by Design's Script Background Stamp.  Then, I added another fun sentiment from the Pirate's Life set.

This is actually my first time using stamps on a layout!  I'll definitely be doing it more often. :)  Thanks for stopping by today!  




4 comments:

  1. Adorable Lisa!! And, yes he really does look like Johnny Depp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really far behind on scrapbooking, too, but what I love is how fun it is to look at those pictures and then the memories all flood back (plus I try to keep a journal about trips so that I have an easier refresher when I finally get around to scrapping it!) I also figure that I'm taking less and less pictures as my kids do more and more without me (sniff!), so I can "live in the past" more easily, hehe! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great layouts Lisa!! They are so simple and cute. He totally does look like Captain Jack Sparrow :)
    Thanks for sharing!!
    Jessica
    http://jessica-fortheloveofcrafting.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh this is a fantastically fun layout! And YES he does just look like Johnny Depp!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your sweet comments! They really make my day! :D